Friday, May 6, 2011

Monkey

X is crawling! Not like your traditional hands and knees crawling, but he is mobile. He uses what I call a "monkey crawl," using two hands, one knee and one foot. And, boy is he fast! I find that the time is upon me to put away everything I don't want shredded and destroyed. Low tables are now suddenly within reach!

Yesterday, just before dinner, I stripped him down to just his diaper (which seems to be his preference now, anyway), so I could watch him moving. His little body is so amazing! His movements are not yet precise, but he is trying so hard to fine-tune his motion.

It's hard to believe that my little guy will soon be walking, shedding some of his delicious chubbiness. Maybe he will fit into those pants that are too small for his heinie (but too long for his legs!) soon, after all.

2 comments:

Shan said...

That's awesome! Fynn just started scooting backward in the past week.

My older daughter, Madelyn, had the juicy heinie and legs that didn't *look* too short, but that made fitting jeans and other non-stretchy pants really difficult. The good news is that we are past that problem now. The bad news is that it took getting out of diapers. But summer is a fabulous time, clothing wise.

katy said...

Oh, man. I am glad summer is shorts (or just onesies... or just diapers) season. X really does have a fat heinie. Looks like he will be wearing sweatpants until he's potty trained! ;o)

Post a Comment