Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Hulas For Your Luau

Tiny bubbles. That's what X's first kicks felt like. At the time, I didn't know that was what they were. I suspected it could be, possibly, the first kicks, but it was too early. I was only 15 weeks pregnant. I was a first-time mother. I wasn't supposed to feel movement until 22 or 24 weeks, according to the books, the experts, the online forums. Baby would be moving, but I wouldn't know what it was. It was so easy to mistake gas for baby's movements!

I was driving to work, listening to hula music. Traffic was heavy and I was running late. I felt a little pop-pop-pop, like carbonation, low in my abdomen. It happened, then happened again after a few moments.

When I got to work, I went about my business until, a few hours later, I felt the bubbling again. Pow-pow-pow! This time I knew. This was definitely kicking. I didn't care that I shouldn't be feeling it yet, or know what it was. We had connected. I could feel the baby moving!

2 comments:

Shan said...

That is the *best* feeling... that and every time it happens after that. Unless you're not pregnant. Then it's just gas, and therefore, kinda weird.

katy said...

*snort*

Post a Comment